How to connect Bluetooth headsets to PS4? Complete and simple guide
When you play on a PS4 the audio allows you to enjoy a more pleasant and immersive experience. Likewise, it's usually better to send the audio to your headphones than to listen to it through the TV speakers. TV speakers are often of poor quality. In addition, you may disturb the people around you.
Connecting Bluetooth headsets to PS4 is an ideal option to enjoy your games. The only problem is console compatibility. It can be tricky to sync regular wireless headsets with the PS4. For this reason we bring you this guide on how to connect Bluetooth headsets to PS4. No matter what type of Bluetooth headset you have, you will be able to connect Bluetooth headphones to PS4 after reading this article.
Can Bluetooth headsets be connected to the PS4, even the most common ones?
Can Bluetooth headsets be connected to the PS4? The simple answer is: Yes. You can connect Bluetooth headsets to PS4 to play games on your console. The PS4 uses the CTIA (Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association) standard, the latest technology for headphone inputs.
This means that they can work with normal Bluetooth headsets. However, this console uses a special Bluetooth version for audio and many models are not compatible. That said, you can connect them to the console by following a few simple steps.
How to connect Bluetooth headsets to PS4? Can Bluetooth headsets be connected to the PS4?
Can any Bluetooth headset be connected to PS4? Sony doesn't provide an official list of compatible Bluetooth devices. However, most Bluetooth headsets should work with the console. Some are easier to synchronize. In this first section we tell you the steps to connect officially compatible Bluetooth headsets.
- Make sure that the Bluetooth headset is charged.
- Connect the Bluetooth USB adapter to the port of your console.
- Turn on the headphones and put them in synchronization mode. Once the blue light stops flashing and sets to a solid blue, your headphones are connected and ready to play audio.
- Navigate to the console configuration using the control and select devices.
- On the devices page you will see a list of all the devices you can select. Then select Bluetooth devices.
- Wait while the console searches for nearby Bluetooth devices. Once the headphones appear in the list select them and wait a moment while the synchronization is performed. If necessary, it will ask you to register the headphones to complete the connection.
Here are the simple steps you need to follow to connect Bluetooth headsets to PS4. Can Bluetooth headsets be connected to the PS4? Yes, as long as they are officially compatible with the console.
How to connect common Bluetooth headsets to PS4?
The steps in that section allow you to connect any type of Bluetooth headset to the console, including Apple AirPods. Below are two options you can try to enjoy your headphones.
How to connect Bluetooth headsets to PS4 using the PS4 Remote Play application?
This option is not perfect and there is a possibility that it may not work with some games. However, it's worth it as it saves you the need to purchase a Bluetooth USB adapter. The Remote Play app basically allows you to access the PS4 through a mobile device and a WiFi connection. You can enjoy PS4 games with your phone using the on-screen controller while chatting, thanks to the phone's microphone.
- Download and install the PS4 Remote Play application.
- Activate the Remote Play function by navigating to settings and then Remote Play Connection settings. Be sure to enable Remote Play on the PS4.
- Select device and then code. You should see an eight-digit code.
- Open the application on the phone and enter the code.
How to connect Bluetooth headphones to PS4 using the controller?
If the above options do not work for you, you can also connect Bluetooth headphones using the console controller. For this you need an audio cable with microphone included. Many In-Ear wireless headsets come with this cable.
- Connect the headset and PlayStation 4 controller with the audio cable and turn on the headset.
- Select configuration at the top of the console home menu.
- Click on devices and then on Bluetooth devices. Select your headphones from the list to activate them.
- Once you activate the headphones, go to devices and select audio devices. Then select headphones connected to the controller. Click on headphone output and then select choose all audio.
How to connect a Bluetooth headset to the PS4 using a USB adapter?
If you do not have an audio cable with microphone, another option is to use a USB Bluetooth adapter.
- Insert the USB Bluetooth adapter into the console port.
- Select settings, devices, audio devices, device output and select USB headphones.
- Click on headphone output and choose the all audio mode.
These are all the options you need to know to connect Bluetooth headsets to PS4. If this doesn't work for you, you can check out our article on the best PS4 headsets.
We also recommend you to check our guides on Bluetooth Headsets How do they work?How to connect Bluetooth headsets? andHow to listen to the radio with Bluetooth headphones?